SUPPLEMENTARY GUIDELINE FOR CLINICIANS (Version 1.0.2022)
Dr Mike Noonan
MBChB (Hons) BPhty (Hons) MMEd FACEM
This document describes the reception and resuscitation workflow for major trauma patients** presenting with shock at the Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre with the intention of:
• Standardising reception and resuscitation workflows in alignment with the most recent evidence and/or agreed best practice.
• Reducing errors of omission in complex, time-critical reception, and resuscitation scenarios.
• Facilitating positive team dynamics in complex, time-critical reception, and resuscitation scenarios.
• Reducing the time from patient arrival to the delivery of:
• Lifesaving interventions (e.g., haemorrhage control, pleural decompression, blood transfusion)
• Time-critical surgical and interventional radiology procedures
A video in the link below gives an overview of the project. A paper for publication that provides data supporting our choice of pre-hospital criteria that identifies our cohort will be published shortly.