What is Unique about ANZTS?
- ANZTS is the only multidisciplinary trauma society in Australia and New Zealand focused solely on the care of injured patients.
- It brings together a diverse community of health care professionals who specialize in trauma care, research, education, injury prevention, throughout the patient’s journey from pre-hospital care to rehabilitation.
- Members include surgeons, physicians, nurses, data and registry specialists, allied health, researchers, injury prevention, and students.
- All states, territories and health districts across Australia and New Zealand are represented in our members.
Opportunities to Lead
- Opportunities to serve on the ANZTS Board of Directors.
- Opportunities to participate in a number of committees and special interest groups.
- Sharing resources, information with others through sub-committees special interest groups.
- Advocate to government for legislative changes that will raise the profile of injury prevention and safety.
- To promote communications and relations with international organisations involved in Trauma Care.
Opportunities to Learn
- Connect with, and learn from like-minded people.
- Make connections with potential career mentors in your area of trauma interest.
- Exposure to experienced healthcare professionals who can mentor and support you.
- Exposure to the latest research at the annual conference.
- Attend the annual Scientific Meeting & Conference to present and/or learn from colleagues.
- Develop your knowledge and skills by attending pre conference workshops and courses.
- Have access to members-only education resources.
Opportunities for Research
- To foster and promote scientific research into all aspects of Trauma Care
- To provide opportunities for all those involved in Trauma Care in Australasia to further their scientific knowledge and exchange information in this field
- Opportunities are made available for members to present papers at national and International conferences, facilitated by ANZTS.
- Have a forum for presentation to a national audience for your research.
- Strengthen your research, network and find partners for multi-institutional trials/research projects.
- Ability to network with leaders in research and quality improvement across Australia & New Zealand.
- Provides opportunity for research and quality improvement projects.
- Ability to get multidisciplinary stakeholder input.
- Recognition and awards for outstanding work, leadership and advocacy at the annual conference.
Opportunities to Make a Difference
- To promote and develop the highest standards of patient care, education and organisation in the field of trauma in order to deliver the best possible patient outcomes.
- Be part of shaping the future of trauma care in Australia & New Zealand, setting the standards that support trauma systems and teams.
- Promotion of the highest standards of inter-professional practice, and clinical trauma research.
- Participate in the dissemination of research findings.
- Contribute your voice, research, advocacy, experience & knowledge to reduce the burden of injury.
- Participate in one of our committees or special interest groups and contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the society.
- Electronic access to 12 issues per year of the Journal “injury”. This is an international journey which has many ATS members contributing to its well-regarded content.
- Quarterly “Trauma Talk” Newsletter with contributions from the ATS Board and members.
- Member discount to the annual Conference.
- Access to monetary awards for presentations/posters.
- Ability to apply for the annual Research Scholarship which allows members to travel overseas and experience aspects of trauma case including clinical, education, and system development.
- Access to Member only education and resource portal.